Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Gratitude Letters

Buy or Make wonderful note cards or even design one of today's eCards in your USANAToday website.  We are going to write 90 Gratitude Letters!  Yes, you are a couple behind already!  Smile! 

Each day, whether it is at the beginning of your day while you are writing in your journals, or maybe later in the day or right before bed, we are going to write someone a thank you note. 

We find that in our heart we are full of wonderful thoughts about people that we may never say...or at least not often enough.  These letters may be letters that you have written in your mind a thousand times, but you have never taken the time to sit down and put it on paper. 

Begin to make your list of who these notes should go to.  Here are some thoughts for you.

Family
Friends
Downline
Customers
Church Family
USANA Family
Teachers/Trainers
Prospects
Students

These don't have to be long or take too much of your time, but what you invest in this exercise will pay you back over and over and over again. 

If you have your box of notes sitting with your journal, and you are writing in your journal about someone you are grateful for that day, it's just a natural process to reach for the note card and write that person a note at the same time. 

Be generous with your comments, don't hold back!  Be truthful and don't say things you don't mean.  And don't send the card with expectations of what you might receive back.  Just send them because you want to.

Yes you can use email, but there is something very very special about handwritten letters with a real stamp and received in the mail.  So, if at all possible, choose "snail mail". 

Enjoy adding these letters to your day and to your time of Gratitude!

1 comment:

  1. Patti, I loved Project Purpose last year and this year I am so excited to join you, and over 600 others, to do it again! Thank you so much for your leadership! I am so grateful for you and your inspiration! Last year I started a blog called The Gratitude Room as a result of Project Purpose. Here is my very first entry: http://thegratituderoom.blogspot.com/2009/03/project-purpose.html

    I found I was sporatic in writing in it last year because I took on some pretty emotional topics and felt I needed to really have something to say on each post. For Project Purpose I am choosing to make The Gratitude Room my daily gratitude journal and I mention that in my Monday post. During the week I have been experienceing some amazing things and yesterday my gratitude reflected a surprise that blew me away! Here is that post: http://thegratituderoom.blogspot.com/2010/04/surprise.html

    Thanks again Patti!
    With love and gratitude,
    Dyann

    ReplyDelete