Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Gratitude Journal


If you have heard me speak in the recent months, then you may already be one step ahead on this project as I have been speaking about The Gratitude Journal.  If you haven't already done this, your first assignment is to go purchase or make yourselves a beautiful Gratitude Journal for this project.  Make it so fabulous that you love picking it up!  It should represent the "best" to you.  If you are a guy, you probably love real leather and Barnes and Noble always has great leather journals from around the world.  Just make sure this journal makes you feel excited just to pick it up and have the privilege of writing in it.  If money is a concern, then make it from whatever you have at home!  It's yours and can be anything you want it to be.

Every day, before you do anything else, spend 10 to 30 minutes with this journal. 


RULES -- For our project, these rules apply to your journaling. 

#1 -- Don't add negatives to your journaling.  In other words, don't say "I am so grateful for my home, but wish it were painted and fixed up."  You have just gone right back to the opposite of gratitude.  Maybe you could say it like this.  "I am so grateful for my home!  I love looking forward to painting it and fixing it up!"

#2 -- Don't say one thing that is gratitude and 10 that are requests on the page.  NOT - "I am so grateful for USANA.  It's so much fun.  But, I need 10 new customers, 4 new distributors, to go Platinum, to help my friend want to join me, to make $1,000/week this year, etc."   YES - "I am so grateful for USANA!  It is so much fun!  I'm excited to help customers, train distributors, build a team, and be part of this vision!  I'm so grateful for this amazing opportunity!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment