Friday, April 9, 2010

The Gratitude Board

I am introducing the Gratitude Board as something you may take the entire 90 days to accomplish! 

We are told to build dream boards and that they actually work in unexplainable ways.  Many have built theirs and have written their goals, but most have not! 

The Gratitude Board is the opposite of our Dream Board.  We need to build BOTH!!!  One is the gifts and accomplishments we have already been given and the other is the dreams and requests of where we want to go.  They are BOTH important! 

You may actually want to prepare 3 separate boards during this project.  Make them absolutely beautiful whether they are done on foam boards for your wall in your office or on your computer! 

#1 Board is your Gratitude Board

This board should be a photo or drawing or reflection of as many things as possible that you are finding you are grateful for!  You may put up family photos, a picture of yourself at your best, the sun or sea or mountains, animals, awards, pin level leters from Corporate, trips you have taken, athletic achievements, your home, your car, the things you love most in your life.  PUT GRATITUDE BOARD OR THANK YOU at the top or somewhere on the board, so you are grateful every time you look at this board or screen.

#2 Board is your Dream Board

This board is where you are headed - where you want to go in the next year, 5 years, 10 years and beyond, with your life.  As above, be very visual about creating this board or screen!  Take a few minutes or a couple hours on weekends to put these boards together and don't rush!  You may want two sets - one on your computer and one set in your office for everyone to see!  And YES, this works!  The dream board is giving your brain a path to work on and God your desires.  And YOU begin to embrace the vision when you are grateful for all you have been given!  You realize that the dream board is taking life to the next level and to fill the next gratitude board!

#3 Board is your blank board - YOUR NEXT GRATITUDE BOARD!

As you fill Board #1 and make it as awesome as can be, you need to have a 2nd one to begin to fill.  As you begin to see the dreams accomplished from your Dream Board, you can now move them to your blank board - Gratitude Board #2.  It's not about pride.  It's about the excitement of life and the gifts and accomplishments we are so grateful for and sharing with others!!!

2 comments:

  1. Patti
    I so agree with you. I have taken it seriously this past week and my life feels so much happier and joyful with abundance results already from a great experience with my kids me running them cycling to a skate park where they enjoyed themselves taking new risks learning how to ride their bikes on skate ramps; to a busy busy girlfriend saying yes to minding my 3 kids while I went to a meeting for 1 hour that i did not want to postpone; to a successful meeting; to some advice from a friend to send my CV to; to an interview request and date set up for a job; to a friend loaning us some money while we build up our income; to that enhanced creativity you speak of in a business session with my husband as he works to develop a product to help small to medium businesses; to 2 women saying yes to me helping them on the Dr Ray Strand Healthy Lifestyle programme. It is all yes yes yes, positive, positive positive,
    SO I will do as you ask.
    Much love
    Georgie Major

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am embracing Project Purpose this year with GRATITUDE!! I am always so thankful for the chance to stretch and grow. And Patti, I know we are all in for a wonderful ride :~)

    I am keeping myself accountable in a blog- I will be announcing to the world my successes and stumbles (for I am sure to stumble some) and picking myself back up again. You can find my blog at http://rpthomas.wordpress.com where I will be refering to this blog frequently.

    Living life with Gratitude leads to living life Abundantly! Let's get out there and love and share and grow :~) Robin

    ReplyDelete